Creative Alternatives, LLC is dedicated to providing exceptional and innovative psychotherapy services safely , ethically , confidentially and exclusively online to go beyond traditional talk therapy by highly qualified, licensed therapists to help each and every client be their best selves and flourish.
The active ingredient in successful psychotherapy is the relationship.
Research shows us that relationships are crucial for the healing process, including the one that you develop with your therapist. You should feel heard, without judgment, and deeply understood by the professional that you choose to work with. Our team of therapists is all professional art therapists in addition to licensed professional counselors. They’re creative in their work, and integrate practical skills into sessions that can be taken beyond the therapy and applied in the real world.
Our integrative approach combines creative, alternative, and holistic psychotherapies with more traditional techniques, that go beyond “couch therapy.” We don’t take a “diagnose and prescribe” approach to treatment — our therapists collaborate with you to create a truly individualized experience, unique to your needs.
We help busy professionals, people with high public profiles, and individuals who struggle with PTSD, trauma, anxiety, depression, self-image issues, or lost joy in life, to get clear on their purpose and improve their lives. Together, we’ll explore how to get to a place where your worries, traumas and dramas no longer run your life.
There are many benefits to psychotherapy:
- Psychotherapy can successfully help you with chronic worry, stress, unresolved trauma, loss of joy in life
- Increase resilience in the face of life’s challenges
- Gain clarity on meaning and purpose to rediscover joy
- Become empowered, passionate and curious about life again
- Make real, sustainable changes that are aligned with your authentic self
- Rediscover your best version of you
Here are more ways psychotherapy can help:
- Improve self-awareness and insight by identifying important thoughts, feelings and motivations
- Recognize and break through obstacles, negative patterns and self-defeating behaviors that keep you stuck
- Uncover hidden blocking beliefs that may be sabotaging success and happiness
- Learn more adaptive coping skills, self-care rituals and habits to create lasting change change
- Practice self-compassion to address self-image issues
- Process and heal painful feelings of loneliness, disappointment, sadness, loss, grief, guilt, shame, anger, envy and fear that are holding you back
- Develop awareness and relaxation through mindfulness, meditation and radical acceptance
- Resolve trauma/PTSD symptoms and awareness of and control over triggers
- Develop self-care rituals and work towards enhanced overall wellness and life balance
- Rediscover your strengths and reignite your passion for life.
- Achieve peace, empowerment, and inspiration that you have been missing
frequently asked questions
Prior to our first session you will receive an email with information about your client portal and intake forms to be completed before your first visit. Completing this process before we first meet will allow more time for us to talk and to begin working together. All information is kept strictly confidential.
Clients are responsible for their regularly scheduled appointment and will be charged for the appointment if cancellation is less than 24 hours’ notice. If a cancellation is necessary, we can try to reschedule for another time that same week.
We are an out-of-network provider. This means that we do not bill insurance directly for our work together. We can provide you with a mothly superbill and many insurance companies reimburse for out-of-network services. (see below to find out what to ask your insurance company)
With insurance companies dictating clinical decisions such as length of treatment, frequency/length of sessions, and mandated mental health diagnosis for reimbursement, we have decided to remain independent of them This allows us to focus on providing the best care to all clients without being controlled by insurance companies. For individuals who require the utmost of discretion, without having to provide a mental health diagnosis to a third party, we are able to keep your records completely secure and confidential. There will be no diagnosis n your permanent health record, and no one will ever know you’re in therapy unless you tell them.
Questions to ask your insurance company to determine out-of-network eligibility
What are my out-of-network mental health benefits? Do my mental health benefits cover art therapists/art-psychotherapists? (Important to emphasize that art therapy is a form of psychotherapy) What is the coverage amount per psychotherapy session? How many psychotherapy sessions does my plan cover per calendar year? What is the out of pocket payment before I reach my deductible? Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- 55 minute sessions $ 160-$ 200
- 75 minute sessions $ 265
We understand that psychotherapy can get expensive. If you are in need of a sliding scale in order to pursue treatment, please let us know. We can work together to come up with something that fits, so don’t hesitate to ask.
We accept cash, checks, and credit cards. Payment is typically received at the time of your therapy session, unless alternate arrangements are discussed prior.